Northern Uganda

This started as the on-line journal of Africa Anonymous while she was an Graduate Fellow researching and working in Northern Uganda. You gotta be good. You gotta be strong. You gotta be 2,000 places at once.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Gulu is a go!

Yes! So this morning I will be off to Gulu. Lina at the University managed to secure me a room and I hired a driver to transport me on up there. I am excited that I will be around to attend all of the conferences and events for International Peace Day (which is today, but the events go on all week). And hopefully I will find myself some place to settle soon.

I have a reading recommendation for you all - it is called Aboke Girls. It is well written and concise - part of the appeal. It is about the child abductions in the Northern Uganda confict and also provides some context and background to what is going on. It gives the stories of several children and a catholic nun who tried to save a number of children - so it is not text book style. I bought it yesterday and finished it before I went to sleep. Please, please give it a shot! It is on amazon - just type in Aboke Girls.

I am off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home