Northern Uganda

This started as the on-line journal of Africa Anonymous while she was an Graduate Fellow researching and working in Northern Uganda. You gotta be good. You gotta be strong. You gotta be 2,000 places at once.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Kasubi Tombs

Kasubi Tombs: This large hut is where 4 Baganda kings are buried in a district of Kampala. King Mutesa I, who died in 1894, boasted 84 wives and 120 children. According to our tour guide: "He was a very busy man." Nicely put. I was certainly put in my gender place: I naively showed up in jeans, so was
given a wrap to create the effect of a skirt and then, as I was sitting indian-style in the hut, I was told to keep my legs together! Oopsies! Hope they let me come back...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger gina said…

    kasubi tombs seem like a very nice place. i would really like to go see the kasubi tombs but that is never going to happen because it is a very long way from where i am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home