Northern Uganda

This started as the on-line journal of Africa Anonymous while she was an Graduate Fellow researching and working in Northern Uganda. You gotta be good. You gotta be strong. You gotta be 2,000 places at once.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Quick Update

Hello!
It's me, in my seventh day of no power. My food is dead, I cannot have a hot shower, I carry all my electronics to charge in the office, and there are only so many nights one can sit by a candle trying to read or staring off into the darkness. Oh, and I can't iron my clothes, so am running out of clean clothes to wear (I have to iron ALL my clothes because there are these bugs that like to crawl into clothing when you hang it out to dry and then they go from the clothes to your skin). Don't even get me started on the bureaucracy of dealing with the electric company. But I do have quite a bit of activity coming up. Tomorrow I will leave for a long weekend in Murchison Falls National Park, which includes safari, boat launch to the falls, and chimpanzee trekking. I have not been much of a tourist, so I am sure I will have some pictures for posting when I get back. Next week I am supposed to fly to Kitgum, a district bordering Gulu and Sudan, to assess the security situation for our research. I am eager to finally see more of northern Uganda, though the fact that I have to fly says alot about the situation on the ground. So I am keeping busy and happy! More to come soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home